Drug Offenses in West Columbia
Over 45 Years' Experience – (800) 809-5136
Whether you have been accused of possessing, distributing, or trafficking drugs, if convicted, you could face penalties that could destroy your life forever. Even if you are only being investigated, you need to make sure you have legal defense on your side.
We proudly assist clients in West Columbia, Lexington County, and beyond.
Call (800) 809-5136 for a
confidential case evaluation.
If you are convicted of a drug crime in South Carolina, you could face the following penalties:
- Possessing a Schedule I, II, III, IV, or V controlled substance: a fine up to $1,000 and up to 6 months in jail. A second offense may result in a fine up to $2,000 and 1 year in jail.
- Possessing a Schedule I or II narcotic: a fine of $5,000 and up to 2 years in prison, for your first offense. A second offense may result in a fine up to $5,000 and up to 5 years in prison. Third and subsequent offenses may result in a fine of $10,000 and up to 5 years in prison.
- Possessing cocaine: a fine up to $5,000 and up to 3 years in prison. A second offense may result in a fine up to $7,500 and up to 5 years in prison. Third and subsequent offenses may result in a fine up to $12,500 and up to 10 years in prison.
- Possession with intent to sell conviction will result in greater penalties.
As you can see, South Carolina takes even possession charges seriously, so you cannot afford to delay in retaining aggressive legal representation. Our West Columbia criminal defense lawyers can help you understand your charges and deploy the defense you need to challenge the evidence against you.
There may be defenses that apply to your case including:
- Unlawful search and seizure
- The drugs belonged to someone else
- The drugs were planted
Retain the Help of Our Lexington County and Richland County Criminal Defense Attorneys
We can handle cases such as possession, possession with intent to distribute, cultivation, manufacturing, trafficking, and prescription drug crimes. Whether your drug charge involves cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy, heroin, or a prescription drug, we will do our best to craft a compelling case and help exonerate you after your arrest.
At Hall & Hall Attorneys at Law, we have over 45 years of experience helping individuals facing serious charges. We are dedicated to defending your rights every step of the way. Since 1975, our firm has been a trusted advocate when individuals need us most.
For more information about drug charges and South Carolina laws,
contact Hall & Hall Attorneys at Law and request a consultation with our team today.
You can reach us by dialing (800) 809-5136 today!